General feedback about UTZ can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into your feedback and send you a reply a soon as possible.
Feedback on UTZ standards
We welcome feedback on the UTZ standards, such as the Code of Conduct, and the Chain of Custody. Please send your feedback to email@example.com.
Feedback on UTZ audits
We welcome feedback on the UTZ audit process. Have you recently received an UTZ audit? Please download this form and fill in the relevant questions. Completed feedback forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting a formal grievance
UTZ welcomes you to use our grievance procedure in case you have a grievance (a complaint, issue, concern, problem, claim or misconduct such as fraud – whether it is perceived or actual). Please note that any stakeholder can submit grievances in relation to the operations and decisions of the Rainforest Alliance itself and grievances in relation to compliance of members or Certification Bodies with the Rainforest Alliance’s policies and procedures.
The Rainforest Alliance launched its revised Grievance Procedure on April 1, 2020. This procedure replaces our former complaints handling procedure.
Objectives of the Rainforest Alliance grievance procedure
- To facilitate solutions to issues of dispute in a transparent way
- To prevent possible future disputes
- To facilitate continuous improvement within the UTZ programs and organization
- To support stakeholder satisfaction and bring ideas from outside in
The procedure in a nutshell
- Anyone may use the online form to submit a grievance.
- The Rainforest Alliance checks whether the grievance is eligible and contacts the person or organization that submitted the case (the submitter) and – if relevant – the other party involved.
- The Rainforest Alliance investigates the grievance and tries to find an informal solution to the grievance first.
- If an informal solution is not possible, the Rainforest Alliance provides the submitter and – if relevant – the other party involved with a formal response.
- If the submitter of the grievance (or the other party) is not satisfied with the outcome of the process, he/she may appeal the decision.
- In case of an appear, the Rainforest Alliance then appoints an Appeal Panel that will investigate the appeal and tries to find an informal solution to the appeal first.
- If an informal solution is not possible, the Appeal Panel provides the submitter and – if relevant – the other party involved with a formal decision, which is binding to all parties.
Note that you should consult our grievance procedure before you fill out the online form below.