General feedback about UTZ can be sent to email@example.com. We will look into your feedback and send you a reply a soon as possible.
Submitting a formal grievance
UTZ welcomes you to use our grievance procedure in case you have a grievance (a complaint, issue, concern, problem, claim or misconduct such as fraud – whether it is perceived or actual). Please note that any stakeholder can submit grievances in relation to the operations and decisions of UTZ itself and grievances in relation to compliance of members or Certification Bodies with UTZ’s policies and procedures.
UTZ launched its revised Grievance Procedure on July 27, 2017. This procedure replaces our former complaints handling procedure.
Objectives of the UTZ grievance procedure
- To facilitate solutions to issues of dispute in a transparent way
- To prevent possible future disputes
- To facilitate continuous improvement within the UTZ programs and organization
- To support stakeholder satisfaction and bring ideas from outside in
The procedure in a nutshell
- Anyone may use the online form to submit a grievance.
- UTZ checks whether the grievance is eligible and contacts the person or organization that submitted the case (the submitter) and – if relevant – the other party involved.
- UTZ investigates the grievance and tries to find an informal solution to the grievance first.
- If an informal solution is not possible, UTZ provides the submitter and – if relevant – the other party involved with a formal response.
- If the submitter of the grievance (or the other party) is not satisfied with the outcome of the process, he/she may appeal the decision.
- UTZ then appoints an Appeal Panel that will investigate the appeal and tries to find an informal solution to the appeal first.
- If an informal solution is not possible, the Appeal Panel provides the submitter and – if relevant – the other party involved with a formal decision, which is binding to all parties.
Note that you should consult our grievance procedure before you fill out the online form below.